The following error message appears on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager when you synchronize data on the BlackBerry smartphone:
Duplicate records found on the device.
The BlackBerry smartphone is unable to synchronize some or all of the entries in the database of the organizer application.
Complete the following tasks in sequence until the problem is resolved.
Task 1 - Download and install the BlackBerry Device SoftwareDownload and install the latest version of the BlackBerry® Device Software from your wireless service provider's web site. Contact your wireless service provider for instructions on how to install the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.
To determine which version of the BlackBerry Device Software is currently installed on your BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
- From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > About.
Complete the following steps:
- Identify which organizer application database is causing the error by completeing the following steps:
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to your computer.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Double-click Intellisync or Synchronize.
- Click Configure PIM, or select the Configuration tab and click Configure Synch.
- Clear the check boxes beside all but one of the BlackBerry smartphone applications, and click OK.
- Select the Synchronize PIM check box, and then click Synchronize Now.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 until the error message appears.
- Take note of which application is selected when the error appears.
- Clear the database on the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
- In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Backup and Restore.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Handheld Databases list box, select the database that is causing the error message.
- Click Clear.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
- Click Close to return to the main BlackBerry Desktop Manager screen.
- Synchronize the organizer data on the BlackBerry smartphone with your computer.