Workaround to fix the issue, was to create a new Route Point in the Director. First I had to remove the DID from the user's profile. Then I created a Route Point for the DID and under Call handling I Call Forwarded the DID to the user's extension. This seemed to have resolved the issue.
- Login into the Director
- Under Call Control Go to Route Point
- Click on Add New
- Type in a name for the Route Point
- Accept the default extension number or type one that is not in use
- Enter the user's DID that is giving trouble
- Under Call Handling Call Forward Always to the User's internal Extension.
Please note, this is a workaround to get the problem resolved.